We are Hiring - Ceramic Production
Production worker for our ceramic studio.
Come join our team based in Red Hill, Brisbane! We work with ceramics to create vases and earrings. We are looking for a focused person to join our production team for a 3 month casual role leading to more work. Contact time is 2-3 days x 5 hour shifts.
You do not need any experience with art, design or ceramics. This is a production role where you need to be able to follow set processes and given time targets. It is like factory work but a pleasant factory where we are nice to you and give you a diversity of tasks.
We are looking for someone who can be systematic and detailed, who brings care to their work and can work at a good pace.
The role and work may adapt to you and your skill set:
We are looking for someone who can do either vase production or jewellery production.
The vase role involves heavy lifting and carrying buckets of clay that are 10-20kg. This role is very physical but also requires detail finishing work.
The jewellery role involves very exacting, detailed, production work as well as dispatch work.
We would love to hear from you if you have have a focussed work ethic, can adhere to time, quantity and quality targets and have an eye for completing neat detailed work.
Tasks will include:
Creation of vases:
- Preparing moulds and pouring clay. This is a set process task where you need to balance care and efficiency. We will give you specific time targets so you must be able to maintain accuracy and momentum. You will be lifting and carrying 10-20kg buckets.
- De-moulding vases. This needs to be done efficiently in a set process with care for how each piece is handled.
- De-seaming and polishing vases. This is detailed work. Care needs to be taken with how the vases are handled and the end result needs to be neat, consistent and achieved in a set time.
This role will suit you if:
- You are happy with repetitive production line based tasks.
- You are open to feedback and subtle adjustments on technique.
- You are specific and methodical.
- You are able to work fast.
- You are committed to working within a distraction free environment.
What we can offer:
- A pleasant work environment with a small friendly team that includes the business owners.
- Opportunity to contribute to a thriving small business where your work will be valued.
- Contribute to the creation of beautiful, small batch products that are sold both nationally and internationally.
- 10-15 hours, casual work, 2-3 contact days a week. We are flexible to your family needs.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Erin and Tang
Please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be good for this role to: email@example.com
Applications close March 15th.